To Fee Or Not To Fee
Today the fellas are going to talk about the most common head trash complaint from contractors: to fee or not to fee.
That common complaint is to charge a consultation fee or not to charge a consultation fee. This is a tale as old as time and how contractors answer this conundrum has either made or broken their businesses.
The fact of the matter is, a consultation fee is the absolute best way to avoid the circus that people want to put you through when they haggle and micromanage. They have been trained to play the game so turn on your BS meter, grow a pair, and charge a consultation fee.
Links to resources:
Want to stop sucking the life out of your contracting business? Join the Contractor Sales Academy and take command of your entire sales process! CSA is a game changer for your business.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:00 – What Is A Consult Fee & Its Purpose
- 3:30 – Roleplaying The Consultation Fee
- 6:44 – What Happened On Steve’s Morning Call
- 9:00 – Why Do Contractors Think Clients Have A Problem With Consultation Fees?
- 11:55 – Why Don’t Contractors Charge A Consult Fee?
- 15:47 – What Got Steve To Start Charging A Consult Fee
- 19:54 – The Most Important Part Of A Consult Fee
- 21:53 – What Percentage Of People Are Jerks About The Consult Fee?